Someone's been getting here today by way of google (where I'm now on the third page for some reason)where they've been searching for Ilkley restaurants. So, for their benefit, the current listing from best to worst goes:
1. Farsyde--one trick pony, but done well
2. Tubby Wadlow's--struggling to find its feet after Andy left, but make a fine Martini
3. The Thai--on Church Street, which I can never remember the name of.
4. Bar T'at. I kid you not, great pub food.
5. The Box Tree. Great when they have a guest like Guellar there, otherwise over-priced, over attentive and just nowhere near as good as they think they are.
6. Betty's. Over-priced, but, hey, that's not why you go
7. The Greekish place on Railway Road.
8. Cow and Calf--plummetting downwards
9. Steps--the worst eating experience (and I went back for more!) I've had in Wharfedale.
And Greco's would be about here if it was still open.
Or you could go to Addingham to The Swan for Sausages n Mash.
Or Bolton Abbey, where the Devonshire would top the list above food-wise at least.
I've left out the curry houses (Jaipur Spice is the best till the weekend at least), the fsh chip takeaways (Olicana is the best), and the Chinese (Po Sang I guess). I also haven't eaten at The Yard yet...
Course if you want the best of the best of the best, take a trip to Leeds and go to Anthony's, rapidly being seen as one of the top in the country...